Sunday, April 26, 2015

Looking For New Questions and Finals Week

Hey guys!

There's only two more weeks left of the semester, one week of classes and one week of finals.  It's been a hectic semester at Penn State but it's been an awesome time!  I got to take Nutritional Assessment, Disseminating Nutrition Information, and Community Nutrition this semester and it was wonderful working in classes focused around what I'm going to be doing for the rest of my life!

I'm currently driving myself crazy with Chemistry right now.  It's not my strongest subject but I love it so.  If I could get it to like me back I think my final exam will go quite well.  Haha!  As a break and a way to keep my sanity, I've been reading through Fast Food Nation again.  It's one of the books that got me focused and passionate enough around health and nutrition to turn it from a hobby into a career.  I highly suggest this book to anyone that can get a copy!

I can't believe for fast this semester went and that spring is here already!  Yes, this winter lasted quite awhile longer than normal, but the grass is lush, the flowers are blooming, and the trees are budding all over campus.  The Sustainability Community Garden on campus has already had it's first workshop and has opened up the plots for the gardeners to plant their crops.

As the semester comes to a close, I feel this is a good time for me to get a list together of topics for people to ask me about.  I've really missed doing the "research quickies", so I can't wait to see what people are wondering about.  I do have one topic already lined up.

It's...CONSTIPATION!

dun, Dun, DUN!!  Yep!  Constipation.  Everyone poops, it's a natural, normal, and necessary function.  But how can you get your system going?  How can you prevent getting "plugged up"?  And, most importantly, how do you do this WITHOUT using medications?  I'll have that coming to you soon!

Constipation Teaser:  stimulate peristalsis.

So, people of the internet!  Send me your nutrition/health/fitness questions!


Photo Credit from Creative Commons: Abulic Monkey

No comments:

Post a Comment