Sunday, April 3, 2016

Seven Tips For Eating Healthy On A Budget


Marquita's Random Tips For Eating Healthy on a Budget

(Since these have helped me a lot)

  • Look for products on the bottom shelf. I got durum whole wheat pasta (aka quality pasta) for $.99 instead of $3+ for a box of the same amount.
  • Average out the cost per serving to see if the "family" size is actually saving you money. Sometimes it doesn't.
  • Go with frozen veggies and fruits when you can. Fresh tends to go bad on me...so frozen winds up being cheaper for me in the moment and down the line. (This means I don't eat a lot of salads)
  • Skip the name brands. Just....stop it!
  • Shop at Aldi, if you have one by you. Less selection, yes but also much less expensive and they have all the food items you'll likely need anyways.
  • Make large batches of food and random items (rice, pasta, etc) and freeze half for later.
  • Lastly, STICK TO YOUR LIST! I know it's hard. But it's better for your wallet this way. =(
For some amazing meals you can make on a budget check out this post from Beachbody!  There's meals from $.70 - $2 a serving!

Message me today at coachmarquita@gmail.com or go to the "Start Your Journey!" tab!

Brightest Blessings )O(

No comments:

Post a Comment