Saturday, April 9, 2016

Three Things That Can Help With Anxiety

Let's talk about anxiety guys.  

So, as you might know, I've dealt with depression and anxiety the stemmed from my PTSD for most of my life. Today I saw this video "Things People With Anxiety Want Their Friends To Know" and I wanted to share and then share with you some ways that I manage my anxiety.




"It's still me. I'm not my anxiety."
Posted by The Mighty on Tuesday, April 5, 2016

So, how do I manage my anxiety (and depression) on a daily basis?  How have I gotten to be approved to be 100% medication free AND not have to see my psychologist unless I decide I want to?

It boils down to three things!  Yep, just three!  Now, let me preface this with a disclaimer.  No, I do NOT think that you should stop working with your psychologist/psychiatrist and just start doing these three things.  No, I do NOT think that you should just stop taking your medication and do these three things.  Remember, I said I was finally APPROVED to be medication free!  Key word = approved!  So work WITH your doctors/psychologists while doing these things, PLEASE!  Just stopping medications is highly dangerous and could have life threatening results. <3

So, now that we have that out of the way, what are the three things?

1. Exercise

2. Nutrition
3. Personal Development

Yep...that's the three things.  Now WAIT!  Don't leave!  I know you've likely heard many times that exercise and diet can help your anxiety (and depression). I know I was told that more times than I can count.  But...have you actually taken that advice and committed to it for months?  Did you take the time to invest in your physical health to positively impact your mental health?

If you're anything like me, the answer is no.  And it was no for me for a LONG TIME!  But when I was told I was pre-diabetic and had to lose weight or else I would be Type 2 Diabetic, I started to make a commitment to my health.  And all I was concerned with was my physical health.  And yes, I lost 55lbs and am no longer pre-diabetic.  But my MENTAL health improved exponentially!

Now, what about the third thing, personal development?

Personal development is something I never even considered pursuing until Beachbody coaching forced it on me.  I was reluctant at first.  I didn't want to "waste my time" doing any of it.  However, once I decided to have an open mind and actually listen to my mentor and start doing personal development, my world changed.  The combination of sound nutrition, working out, and actively working on myself outside of my psychologist's office, change everything about me.

Now, the change wasn't over night!  I don't even know when things started falling into place.  All I know is that after listening to hours and hours of motivational and educational seminars by Tony Robbins, Willile Jolley, Les Brown, Darren Hardy, etc something started to change.  I was feeding my mind high quality messages every single day, just like I was feeding my high quality food, and now I'm a truly happy person for the first time in my life.  Honestly!  I'm genuinely HAPPY for the first time in my life you guys!  

So, if you want to get started on managing your anxiety (in conjunction with your psychotherapy), check out the "Start Your Journey" tab above, leave a comment below, or email me at coachmarquita@gmail.com today!

We'll tackle the workouts and nutrition with Beachbody's workout programs, Shakeology, and meal plans that we can customize for you together.  

We'll tackle the personal development by providing you with the resources in the area of your life that you're aiming to improve.  You'll ask yourself the tough questions to get to the meat of WHY you're anxious in the first place (which is hard to figure out sometimes) and then tackle the source of that anxiety through books and videos!  While you're working with your therapist.  It'll be like secondary therapy that's self led, in a way.  Haha!

So seriously, let's get started!  I'm here for you!  As someone who's been where you are, I truly want you to not have to feel this way and I want to give you all the tools that I was given to help you succeed! 


Message me at coachmarquita@gmail.com or check out the "Start Your Journey" tab TODAY!  

Brightest Blessings )O(

No comments:

Post a Comment